Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Broad Strokes

So it's been almost two months since my last post. A time of changes, joy, and heartaches. I'm learning as I get older, you really must take one day at a time. One has to truly appreciate the simple joys of life.

I titled this blog the broad strokes, in relation to how some artists paint abstractly. The detail in a painting is important, but sometimes it's nice to relax and let the paint brush do the work. I find sometimes in life, I can get so bogged down with the details. It may be constant cleaning or excessive concern for thing that in the grand scheme of things really aren't that important.

So this summer I'm trying to take a broader view of the world around me. It may be sunsets, family dinners, weekend getaways with my sweetie, or cuddling with one of my cats for an afternoon nap. Sometimes these things get lost in the shuffle of paying bills, running errands, and the busy era we currently live in.

This has been nice. As mentioned in a previous post, I'm some what of a control freak. So it's a constant effort to truly make myself relax. I keep reminding myself "today" is part of my journey. I'm learning to appreciate the fact, I don't have it all figured out and to accept the place on the path I currently find myself experiencing!

No comments:

Post a Comment