Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Monday, November 29, 2010

So Thankful.......

I hope the title captures how I feel. I feel so thankful and blessed this year. I can't count all the blessings in my life, but here's a few: my faith, my hubby, my family, our friends, my cats, living in a great community,etc....


We visited Jeremy's family for Thanksgiving lunch. It was wonderful. We love playing with our nieces and nephew. They are growing too fast. The meal was wonderful. I love my mother-in-law's dressing and my sister-in-law's apple pie. Jeremy added a wonderful dish this year. I think he may have to be our family chef.:)


We hosted Thanksgiving Dinner for my family at our house this year. We have hosted Christmas Dinner pot lucks before, but never Thanksgiving. We made the turkey. I need to add I was a little worried about having the turkey responsibility. I had thoughts of under cooked turkey, burning turkey, or the turkey falling to the floor. I think my family may have been holding their breath too. I assured everyone that we could go to Cracker Barrel, if it was a disaster. I was so excited when the oven timer sounded and the turkey survived. It was a success! We had a great dinner. It was so nice to spend time with family.


We spent Friday shopping. We weren't out as early as last year, 1:45am. We didn't even leave the house until 6:30 am, slackers. Yes, we were out with the masses. We found a lot of great deals. Truthfully, I like the hustle and bustle at times. I love looking at the decorations and lights.


We spent the rest of the weekend doing projects and decorating the house for the holidays. We bought a new tree this year. We had our other tree for 12 seasons and it was smaller. Since our ceilings are higher, we thought it might be a good time to upgrade. It is sad though, we've had the tree since we were newlyweds. Last year, we moved in Christmas week and then left for a long trip. So I didn't even get to decorate. So I loved every minute of "decking the halls" this year (so did our cats).


It was a busy weekend, but so much fun!!! I wouldn't kick off the holiday season any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment