Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Let the Countdown Begin....

It's only a month from today until our son will arrive.  We are so very excited!  I'm continuing to make sure I'm as ready as possible.  I know life is definitely going to be different, but we are both ready for the next phase in our journey. 

Family and Friends have given us great advice over the years, especially over the last few months.  I think my favorite piece of advice thus far is "enjoy every moment, it goes by so fast".  I remember my mom telling me a few years ago something that has stuck with me.  She said when you have a little one, you love that child so much.  Sometimes you do feel overwhelmed and exhausted during the baby/toddler phase.  It's easy to say:  "I will love it when you are just a little older".  Mom reminded me that happens so fast.  She told me to enjoy picking up leaves in the fall, reading stories, and making cookies.  The present is all we have.  Don't miss wonderful because your too busy with the day to day grind. 

So as the next month passes by I will try to start that philosophy now.  I'll try to slow down and enjoy this last month I have being pregnant.  Savor the day so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment