Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Me and my dad.....


The two guys above are my life! I love them so much!!! It has been an amazing experience watching my husband Jeremy with our son Lincoln.  Sometimes I am walking through the house, look over an see the two of them together.  It melts this momma's heart, the connection between them is wonderful.  Lincoln is definitely his "mini me" in appearance, but I can tell they are kindred spirits in other ways too. 

I'm looking so forward to seeing this relationship evolve over the next few years, decades, and lifetime.  I can't wait to see all the things Jeremy will teach our son, things I can't.  Of course, he can help him learn the typical stuff, to ride a bike, swim, read, and fish...... There are so many other things I know he will impart to Lincoln:  good natured habits, patience, kindness, love, an adventurous spirit, humor, self confidence, zeal for life, selflessness, a giving heart, a sense of wonder, bravery, courage, self reliance, fearlessness, the list goes on and on...... 

Jeremy and I have joked in the past about: "I know you didn't learn that from your mother....or from your father...." In reality, I am so glad there are things that I can say "you didn't learn that from your mother".  It's been an amazing journey over the last few weeks becoming parents together.  I have loved every minute of it! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband and super hero dad for Lincoln!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment