Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Monday, July 1, 2013

It Takes A Village!

It takes a village.... I remember hearing this phrase years ago. I think it was coined by Hillary Clinton.  I didn't realize it's significance until my son was born.  I love this little man so much (always have to throw that in there)!  The first few weeks after Lincoln was born I remember being so tired and basically out of sorts from my typical organized self.  I truly appreciated my mom, Jeremy's mom, and step mom for being there with love and support.  Also my sister, dad, Jeremy's siblings and step siblings, his future step dad, his dad, our dear friends the Devores, and countless others who checked on me, called, sent texts and gifts.  I really felt very secure in a time I was adjusting to the new world of mommyhood. 

As the weeks have progressed, I realize help and support will always be appreciated.  I'm more in a groove now, but I realize this groove will continue to evolve as my son grows.  I am so thankful to have a strong support system of both family and friends.  I love this circle of connection not just for Jeremy and I, but for Lincoln as well.  It's reassuring to know in this life you're not alone.  Each of us feel so blessed to have our group, "our people".  This circle is here for us no matter what, thick and then, better or worse, and so on.... 

Our little village may never be recognized with a nobel prize or other prestigious awards.  No one else may ever recognize the impact they have on our daily lives, but we do.  Jeremy, Lincoln, and I are the better for knowing all of the people in our village.  Our lives are enriched daily by their unconditional love!  Our world would be a lesser place without each of them in it.  So take time to count your blessings in all shapes and sizes.  Take time to say thanks to your "village".

No comments:

Post a Comment