Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Enjoy Your Journey Everyday!!!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Remembering Smegol

I wanted to remember our cat Smegol this week. Smegol died last December, still miss her so much. Smegol was our first pet as a couple. I opened up a box on Christmas and there she was. She looked like a fuzz ball and was the sweetest thing ever.



I never knew how connected you could be to your pet until she came along. I had several pets growing up, and missed them when they were gone. However, this was much tougher. It may be because she was more like a kid, than a pet. I know people that have expressed deep sorrow when they lost their pets and never fully understood what they were talking about until last year.



I was so sad. I honestly didn't want to consider ever getting another pet. I didn't think I could open up my heart to love another pet like that. I needed some time.



Jeremy thought it would be a good idea to open up our hearts again. We decided to adopt two cats from the animal shelter. They were so cute. London and Athens joined our family in March. They have truly been a lifesaver. I love them so much.



So Smegol will never be forgotten. I think about her often. I learned that you can experience joy and love in life, even after incredible loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment